Or read this in Russian
I finished making cabinets for art nouveau sofa. Quite happy with the result.
I don’t think I’ll be joining them altogether. They look good as they are.
Well, on the rest – i don’t even know that to say, the sofa was made several years ago, and looking back I think I’d do it a bit different.
The doors of the cabinets were sometimes difficult to work on, especially hinges part. The thickness of the doors’ frames is about 2mm , so even the nails for the hinges were too long. I had to cut them off to fit.
I also made couple of glass shelves for each cabinet, but the doors themselves are acrylic, I had to make them that way because didn’t want the frames to be thicker.
I was thinking of removing stained glass decoration but then decided to stick to the original sketch and didn’t feel sorry, the result is very nice. Decoration is subtle.
Lower parts of the cabinets don’t have shelves, but the doors are decorated with carving and inlaid veneer.
The most time consuming part was upper panels, I had to carve six of them.